Whew! This stuff’s hard! O.k., o.k., I hired someone to repair my siding. I wanted desperately to do it myself, but I want to do everything myself! There’s just not enough time, though. Not yet; not while we’re racing the bank. Once we’re in I’ll be able to get more hands on because I’ll have the luxury of time. I hope.
I did manage to start pulling the bad boards off.
I also found the time earlier in the fall to replace a window (along with a lot of help from Gary.) It was out with the new and in with the old. We needed to move the window anyway to accomodate the new downstairs bathroom, but I managed to find a casement window at a salvage shop that very closely matched some existing attic windows. I was very excited.
We spent a lot of time pre-painting the boards, mostly just the backs, but we did both sides when we had a few days between siding jobs. Below Denise is all dolled up painting her Dolly Varden! Love ya babe!
I did manage to get a coat of paint on before the weather got cold (well it was supposed to get cold.)
Lot’s of windows to mask! Oh my goodness, was there alot of masking. The hardest parts were the arched windows.
It’s all prettied up now! It really looks great with just a clean coat of paint on. I’ll strip it back down in the spring when I have more time to patch holes and set nails. I really want to get a good coat of primer on before I caulk it then paint it again. It’s the right way to get a nice long-lasting finish. I’m sure everyone has their own opinions on that, though!